Pakistan Interfaith League (PIL) is a socio-political movement comprising a network of religious scholars, clerics, political workers, journalists, lawyers, academia, students, civil society representatives, and members of corporate sector specifically focusing to promote interfaith harmony, peace and collective wisdom in their respective domains.
Pakistan Interfaith League came into being with the conviction that the people of Pakistan should be represented by a Socio Political movement that perceives the nation as one entity as depicted in the national flag; a movement that neither represents majority nor the minority but humanity on the basis of equality. PIL has come forward to ensure collective wisdom, coexistence, justice, peace, tolerance and interfaith harmony in the country.
PIL is of the belief that instead of treating people with different religious beliefs as minorities they should be given equal status as all other Pakistanis. They should be permitted to compete at all levels without bias, prejudice and condemnation. They should be considered an integral part of Pakistan as they are proud to be Pakistanis.
PIL envisages bringing a positive change in mindsets and promoting equality for most vulnerable segments of the society such as, religious minorities, downtrodden, oppressed, victimised, women, senior citizens, and People with Special needs.
The whole nation united under one flag irrespective of religious beliefs, ethnicity, traditions and culture to contribute in prosperity, peace and stability of Pakistan.
Uniting people for peaceful, social, political and religious coexistence
VALUES OF PIL
The objectives of PIL are as under:
- Promotion of Interfaith Harmony, Human Rights and struggle to improve access to Justice, particularly for the vulnerable segments of the society (religious minorities, women, children, senior citizens, bonded labour, and People with Special needs)
- Advocacy and Lobbying for the restoration of the rights of religious minorities and religious freedom
- To advocate social and interfaith issues through print and electronic media
- Restoration of Rule of Law through strengthening of Democratic Process and Good Governance
- Improve access to Quality Education for all citizens of Pakistan
- Improve living conditions and environment of vulnerable segments of the society