Sajid Ishaq Sandhu
i. Master’s Degree in Business Administration (University of the East, Manila Philippines)
ii. Community Development Studies (Sally Oak Colleges, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom)
iii. Development Evaluation (Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada)
Positions Held in Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI)
- Central President of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Minority Wing
- Member Central Executive Committee
- Member National Council
Other Positions Held
- Chairman Pakistan Interfaith League (PIL) a socio-political movement
- Chairman Interfaith League Against Poverty (I-LAP) NGO
- Chairman HumSub.TV, a web-based channel
- Co-Chairman of National Baptist Church of Pakistan
- Executive Board Member of International Network for Peace Museums (Representation in over 40 countries)
Sajid Ishaq completed his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Manila, Philippines. His formal education has served as the foundation for his ability to develop keen leadership skills, insight to community development, solid entrepreneurship judgment, and excellent communication abilities. He did his Community Development Studies from the University of Birmingham, Sally Oak Collages, United Kingdom and proceeded to Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada for Development Evaluation Study. He received professional training in Trauma Healing and Social Media That Matters from Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, USA. He also pursued various short courses from USA, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- On his return to Pakistan he put his abilities to best use by establishing Interfaith League Against Poverty (I-LAP) in 2004, a local Non-Governmental Organization in Islamabad, to promote Interfaith Harmony and Peace in the region through different development projects. In a short span of time, under the extraordinary guidance of Sajid Ishaq, Chairman of the organisation, I-LAP was able to establish its presence in four provinces of Pakistan, namely KPK, Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan, encompassing 45 districts. I-LAP was able to distribute relief goods and construct permanent shelters worth 20 million dollars with its international partners for over 45,000 families after the earthquake in 2005 and the flash floods in 2010 and 2011.
- In 2010, Sajid Ishaq established Pakistan Interfaith League (PIL) which is a Socio-Political Movement comprising a network of religious scholars, clerics, political workers, journalists, lawyers and civil society representatives, specifically focusing to promote interfaith harmony, peace and collective wisdom in their respective domains.
PIL has contributed in providing justice to several victimized families indicted in Blasphemy cases of which the most iconic achievements can be highlighted as the RimshaMasih Case (a minor Christian girl falsely convicted on the charges of blasphemy) and KotRadhaKrishan Case (a Christian couple burnt alive on the false charges of blasphemy) Orange Train Case (rescued Church properties grabbed by the Punjab government under Orange Train construction project).
Due to his experience and expertise in the field, Sajid Ishaq has been invited to participate and speak at various international conferences and Universities on the subjects of Peace, Interfaith Harmony, Conflict Resolution, Community Development and Disaster Preparedness.
Over the years he has represented Pakistan on various forums such as:
- Consultative Meetings with Reformed Churches in Burlington, Canada
- Consultative Meetings with Baptist Churches in Ottawa, Canada
- Consultation Meetings with Baptist Churches in Florida, USA
- World Baptist Alliance Convention, Hawaii, USA
- Sustainable Housing in the Age of Disaster and Climate Change, Bangkok
- 6th International Conference for Peace, Osaka, Japan
- Disaster Preparedness Conference, Malaysia
- South Asian Partners Conference, Utrach, The Netherlands
- Consultative Meeting of International Network of Museums for Peace, Hague, The Netherlands
- Christian Micro Enterprise Development Consultation, Romania
- Christian Micro Enterprise Development Consultation, Thailand
- Christian Micro Enterprise Development Consultation, Oxford UK
- Central Asian Businessmen Consultation, Virginia USA
- The Gideon’s International Convention, Chicago, USA
- HumSub.TV is yet another successful endeavor of Sajid Ishaq, which is Pakistan’s leading forwarding-thinking, edutainment channel,aimed at promoting and upholding peace, interfaith harmony and social responsibility within Pakistan through informative and insightful programmes and documentaries; analytical interviews on issues pertaining to social, economic, legal and environmental set-up; dedicated shows to canvass and thereby promote the culture and heritage of Pakistan and in-depth coverage of national and international news.
HumSub.TV is the first channel and thus a pioneer within its own right that mainly focuses on emphasising the “Rights” as well as the “Obligations” of the citizens in light of the Constitution of Pakistan, numerous International declarations signed by the Government and various laws that have been promulgated over the years but are not in the knowledge of the common citizen.
- Sajid Ishaq joined Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI) on May 12, 2012, a leading Political Party in Pakistan, as it holds a similar vision for the marginalized Religious Minorities and other segments of the society. On May 25, 2012 Sajid Ishaq was appointed as Member of the Central Executive Committee and in September 2012 he was appointed as Advisor to Chairman PTI on Minority Affairs. In March 2013 he contested in the Intra-Party elections and won the seat of Central President of the Minority Wing, PTI. He now holds the elected seat of the Central Executive Committee and National Council of PTI. Sajid Ishaq was nominated for the National Assembly in 2013 elections where his name was on No. 2 on the Minorities priority list, PTI.
In recognition of his outstanding efforts for Peace and Interfaith Harmony in Pakistan he has received the following awards over the years:
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Interfaith Peace Council, Pakistan
- National Peace Council for Interfaith Harmony, Pakistan
- All Churches Fellowship, Islamabad
- LAMP Fellowship International
- National Press Club, Islamabad
- Disaster Aid International, Australia
- Monthly Revival International, Pakistan
- National Network of Interfaith and Peace
Address: House 5, Street 58, F-8/4, Islamabad
Contact Number: 0343-7555-555
Facebook Profile: https://facebook.com/sajidishaq05
Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/sajidishaqsandhu